Welcome to Ash Class
We are a mixture of year one and two and our class teacher is Miss Stoneman. We are also very lucky to have Mrs Vincent helping us with our learning each week. Miss Chandler teaches our Science and Music on a Wednesday morning too. We have a lot of fun in Ash Class; please keep checking our page to see new and exciting photos of our learning!
School Closure Home Learning
Hello Ash Class!
You each took home your ‘Home Learning Book’ full of ideas and activities to get you started. Do keep checking back here for updates and new tasks and challenges.
Parents/carers, don’t hesitate to email school should you require any help with any of the home learning – I am happy to help!
Keep washing those hands, stay indoors and enjoy your learning!
Miss Stoneman :)
In case anyone forgets:
Each day you will need to complete:
Click for the link
1x Maths worksheet
Click for the link
1x Phonics /Spelling Practise
1x Challenge Bingo activity
Click for the link
Year 2 only complete 1x
Reading Bingo activity in addition to daily reading
Your Home Learning Book:
- Record all tasks in your Home Learning book.
- Date and title your work with the task as you would normally in class.
- Write only in pencil and present your work to the same standard expected at school.
- If, on some days, you want to do more than the daily required list above, please use the optional extra ideas below.
Optional Extras and Useful Links:
- Phizifit task
- Activities and games using the links below:
- David Walliams is reading a story at 11am each day https://www.worldofdavidwalliams.com/elevenses/
- www.twinkl.co.uk – use the code – UKTWINKLHELPS -their resources are free for the next month.
- Videos and games for reading, maths and English: https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/welcome-back/for-home/reading-owl/english--1
- BBC resources – organised by subjects and age group www.bbc.co.uk/teach/primary/zd7p47h
- BBC bitesize - www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize
- Science activities - www.natgeokids.com/uk/
- Curriculum Activity Book: http://www.tts-group.co.uk/on/demandware.static/-/Library-Sites-TTSSharedLibrary/default/vaea75f5663a038b8658d258fd198e57ce70b35d6/images/homepage/My_Activity_Book_Yrs_5_7.pdf?version=1,584,037,589,000
- www.phonicsplay.co.uk have free interactive resources you can use. Do the flashcards each day!
- Mr T’s phonics on YouTube -Geraldine the giraffe has some fun videos to keep the children engaged with phonics.
- Maths videos for explanations: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkequsKs-34ruymqn97XGtQ
Here is a guide to our PE activities to help you keep healthy and stay active while school is closed.
Dinosaur yoga with Mrs Gunningham
Please have a go at these PE activities.
25 things to do to keep busy - these ideas may give you further inspiration.
This term our topic is 'Towers, Tunnels and Turrets'
This term in Ash Class we will be learning about castles and what it was like for the people that lived there. By the end of the term the children will be fully fledged dragon tamers, trainers, keepers and of course, knights! This is a really exciting, creative and imaginative topic which lends itself really well across the curriculum and allows the children to let their imaginations run wild.
Weekly spellings are given out on a Monday and tested on a Friday. At the beginning of each topic, a homework bingo will be stuck in your Reading Journal, one activity is expected per week. We celebrate our homework on Thursdays.PE is taught on a Monday morning with Mrs Moran and again on a Friday afternoon by Miss Stoneman so please remember to have PE kits in school. Children should have a pair of wellies in school for forest school learning in our Wild Area.
'Towers, Tunnels and Turrets' Homework Bingo: